Lebensraum

A social commentary.


2008

I have so much in my heart to say. If 2008 was 1st, 2nd, 3rd January, then 2008 would be a thoroughly weird year. There's just so much adjustment I don't really feel the consistency in life anymore. For some reason 2007 seems so much nearer and touchable. More real, more potential, more dreams.

2008 is just like a vortex. I go in and ponder, think. But nothing gets through. It's an empty space. I haven't felt the stuff that should flow.

I walked to VS after dinner at the hostel today. Apparently I'm not suppose to go into the school in slippers and home clothes and all that but nobody cares. Literally, nobody. Cuz nobody was in the canteen, PB Room, MC Room or PSB Room. The whole place was empty.

So I took the chance to walk around, like just straddle around the school y'know. And then I realized the amazing journey I have been walking in Victoria School. Camps, buying milo every morning, classes, CCA, cheers, SLI, lower sec years, Sec 3 Years and probably about a million things that mean so much to me. It's really quite sad, that I've come to such a stage, reminiscing so much.

Reminiscing brings you to a very different place. It isn't good, it isn't bad. It just shows you where you are. Like your current status on MSN, just that this one's real, not one that you make up.

And then Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day came to mind.

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while

For what it's worth it was worth all the while. Yeah, I don't care what happens, but it's going to be a good 2008.

2 Responses to “2008”

  1. # Blogger -Linus-

    love it  

  2. # Blogger Noonshiver

    yay green day.  

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.