Lebensraum

A social commentary.


Push

Exam period is far from over. It's like a sting, constantly there, crawling over your mind. Not really like jail or entrapment, just that constant lingering of exams. As certain people start the rejoice that their last paper is tomorrow, I realised I'm one whole week away from completion. Sometimes I really cannot discern the administration's complete lack of understanding. 7 subbers get a whole Monday to Thursday off next week and I'll be damned coming back every day.

Even the supposed "marking day" is actually the Art Theory Paper. Seriously.

While whining and pining about the nuance and end of exams, my constantly vigorous brain has thought of millions of things to compel myself with after the wonderful examinations.

Read compulsively. I have my list of books already. And it's pretty creepy.
The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion.
A Million Little Pieces by James Frey.
On the Road by Jack Kerouac.
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan.
The Gathering by Anne Enright.
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.
Bel Canto by Ann Patchett.
A Book by Gogol, if I can find it, by Nikolai Gogol.

And of course other miscellaneous books which I have bought but not read, including:
The Diana Chronicles by Tina Brown.
The Impressionist by Hari Kunzru.
Fiasco by Thomas E. Ricks.
Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens.
Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh.
Shogun by James Clavell.
Mao by Jun Chang and John Halliday.
The Assault on Reason by Al Gore.
Miracles by C.S. Lewis.
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

Run compulsively. I will pull myself to East Coast Park at least once a week to run. Roy!

Rollerblade compulsively. I suppose this and run compulsively could be under "exercise compulsively" by there's something about East Coast going that makes matters interesting. Bullshit.

Play guitar compulsively. I will actually be able to play bar chords.

Travel compulsively. This is nevertheless only a hope, unless two destinations in two months is compulsive. I want to fly to Hanoi and Tioman (which is of course highly unlikely) while Delhi and Rompin is largely confirmed.

Photograph compulsively. Chinatown! Little India!

Write compulsively. I will aim to at least do a quarter of NaNoWriMo!

Yes. That is all. Compulsive too many is too scary.

Holidays!

1 Responses to “Push”

  1. # Blogger 小猫王

    glad photographing compulsively is part of your routine. haha!  

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.