Lebensraum

A social commentary.


The Past Me

Life has changed so much that I begin to worry that I might forget what I looked like in my old uniform, how my old teachers were. How life in primary school was different from secondary school, and most importantly, how it feels like to be an Admiraltyian. So I decided to create a new skin, from "Confessions of a Victorian" to "The Past Me". So sorry about the blurred picture. But the on e pretending to be the retarded dinosaur, scaring the teacher is me. LOL.

Lots of things happened to day, but I'm too lazy to post everything down. So I shall take a post from somebody else's blog. This post is from this week (we're still in this week) Digital Life Blog of the Week: Pieces of the puzle.

***

New Indian guy to join my office.
Boss comes up to me and asks, ‘How do you pronounce his name correctly? I want to make sure we useless Americans get it right.'

‘Why should it bother you Jack? You have been mispronouncing my name for four years.’

The poor guy was so rattled that I felt bad and quickly tried to calm him down, ‘Not that I really care. As long as it doesn’t get distorted to Bitch.’

‘So it is not Sumaaaan?’

‘No, it is Summmun. Mun as in ‘fun’.

'Oh ok. Simple enough. I will remember that.'

‘Seeuuuummmun,’ he hollered the next day when I walked into his office.

‘No no’, I said shaking my head with dismay and regretting the freakier version that was emerging. ‘Su…as in Subbramanikanteshwar. Forget it, it’s fine actually.’

‘Suman, did you manage to get that transmittal out?’ he asked when I was busy at the copying center.

Not recognizing my own name when it was pronounced right, I didn’t even bother to look up this time.

***

This post was posted on the 7th of April

SOOOOO... yup. Thats it for today.
God Bless, Take Care

Jesus Loves You even if you're too lazy to put what happened today on your blog

Your forever Friend
Weng Keong

0 Responses to “The Past Me”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.