Lebensraum

A social commentary.


My Mom

Sometimes I'm really touched to see people move on with their spirituality albeit my own being stagnantly stationery. I'm the sort of person who won't freak out and "work harder" at my spiritual level just because others are at a sky high. I realize it is my own sincerity that will make me closer to God, not my want to get closer to where my friend is to God.

On actual fact, since God is omnipresent, God is with me every day :)

Tomorrow is my Mom's birthday and she has kindly excused me from her dinner because it's teppanyaki and my throat is terrible. Somehow, somewhat I am not guilty. It's an unspoken traditional thing in my family that Mothers' Day, Fathers' Day and this sorta stuff isn't really that important.

I used to feel awkward as a child when others asked me what I gave to my mom on Mothers' Day. 'Cuz the usually answer would be nothing. My mom didn't think anything about it either. She'd just ignore the whole affair, so like at the next year I would do something for my mom. For the sake of telling others when they asked me more than for my mom.

This year was a bit different. I wasn't even planning on shopping for my mom but Natasha dragged me along her short spree for her mom. Then I bought a TY bulldog actually for myself. I sorta like ugly stuff, they're like cute to me. In the end I gave it to my mother.

Despite my slipshoddiness, and actually buying the present on the day itself, it was like the first Mothers' Day present that actually made sense. That dog is now sitting on her fat CRT monitor.

Maybe I'll get her a orang utan this time. She has a thing for monkeys.

Happy Birthday Mom :)

P/S New hot band on the BFS iPod is McFly! Check them out!

0 Responses to “My Mom”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.