Lebensraum

A social commentary.


A Longer than Usual Entry

The horrid exams have sucked all the interest to blog hence this pretty dead site. The last entry was sort of a hoax, to make my presence on BFS a little brighter. It worked, didn't it? Haha, six comments on an entry.

So, yea, the next portion of the entry was slated for earlier publication but due to my uninterestedness in blogging during the hectic exam period, I pushed it back until now. Enjoy though, I reckon it'll be an interesting read.

***

We get it all covered somehow, despite the mountainous criticisms, cuts and stabs at our so-called gracious society, beneath that deep dark scary exterior, we're really a darling at heart. My dash into a rush train from Dhobby Gaut station last Friday proved a rather stare-filled one, as the moment I ran in, the train doors closed. It was as if I alone had committed the heinous crime of stalling our entire train, and wasting other people's time. Either that or the starers were jealous at the fact that the train arrived right in time for me while they had to wait what? A freaking seven plus minutes for our much debated (on the effectiveness) transport's system's train to arrive (which I believe you all commuters have fantastic experience of).

I'm sure you all have had some sort of dash in encounter into the train, and the look of the people who ogle at you is seriously, not nice. So, to piss them off even further, I plucked out my iPod to listen to fantastic Grey's Anatomy soundtrack music while they embraced the monotony of the train ride.

Yeah, but what made me change my perspective on our somewhat warped commuting society was not the fact that an old man who walked into the train a station later was not offered a seat. I'm sure we all have had our fair share of those old men who look like perverts and think they deserve a seat, but believe me, this one was not. His neck was like bloody bent and he needed a seat dead bad. And then, when we were in the middle of one station and the next, a man finally (finally!) gave up his seat although the old man was like half a carriage away from the seat.

And tata! The train stopped. And because of awesome Physics, we have awesome inertia! (actually its the other way round but really, who cares), his body plunged to the front! And get this. A lady caught him. It wasn't really a movie moment with the carefully planned drama, but yes, a lady sported him from the back. So seriously ladies, don't give me the shit about non-male contact and all that. If he's a pervert than you'll bloody hell know he's a damn pervert so don't touch him. It's definitely not the same for man- have to get that right ;)

So right then after the dear drama, our dear senior citizen continued his expedition towards the half-a-carriage away seat which was then halted because some nice lady sitting nearer to him gave up her seat for him, not noticing his presence until then. So our dear friend then finally sat down super pleased.

So yeah, we all get it covered somehow.

Oh and after six long years, I have finally resigned to the fact that my personal study techniques are not at all effective and have gone for tuition. For Physics at least. Spent an hour+half at Parkway Centre's "Victoria Tutorial Centre" with the sherv, Roy and dy. It was pretty effective, and I swear I understood more than your average Physics lesson. Oh wells, at least I have something to fall back onto in case the 6 subjects in the l1r5 screws up.

Labels:

5 Responses to “A Longer than Usual Entry”

  1. # Blogger Danial

    Group study with friends who actually want to study is very beneficial - sometimes much more than the actual lesson. Especially if you have crap teachers.

    And do people give you stares when you dash into the train? Hmmm... People in the East don't seem to do that.

    Maybe it's just the stress of the bustling city-life. =/  

  2. # Blogger Nicky

    What is this 'Victoria Tutorial Centre'? I want in!  

  3. # Blogger Nigel

    Would you stop preaching about how Singaporeans are cold and unfriendly and mean and ignorant? You're degrading yourself! We are citizens of a democracy! (Subject to interpretation)

    I mean, look around! What do you see?

    I see trees so green,
    And red roses too!
    I watch them bloom,
    for me and you.

    And I think to myself, "What a wonderful world!"  

  4. # Blogger 小猫王

    Yea. People in the East never do that, unless:

    1) You just came out of a mudpit.
    2) You are wearing pink thongs and nothing else which are studded with diamonds.
    3) You are screaming at the top of your voice and telling everyone to look at you.

    Hey I'm in Victoria Tuition Centre too ks. I got one on one with Mrs Foo. =)

    Some more free one. HAHA.  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I agree with Danial that study groups are much better than solo mugging. But I also wanna say.. If one person digress, the rest might follow and subsequently, time will be wasted. xD  

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.