Lebensraum

A social commentary.


« Home | Shut up » | Speech Day » | 6th » | 131 » | Teaser » | Got Spine? » | Posers » | Green » | Viva. » | 181 »

Kill the damned hiatus

Chit chat awhile first, alright? Here's an excerpt from David's blog:

Saw that most teachers are wearing Indian Ethnic Clothings..... asked Weng Keong why and that little scheming devil replied saying that they only wore the Indian Clothes to show that they ain't RACIST against Indians..... -.-"


This is such a legitimate answer dammit! Tons of people are like superfluously trying to embrace other traditionally spat-on cultures with no other intention I can think off but to show that they are not racist.

I mean okay la, they could seriously enjoy that culture, but usually, (usually!) people do these things to wear a badge of anti-racism. Especially now that we're in the revolutionary age of condemning these condemning-blood antics.

Yesterday was wasted on the AEP Exhibition at NAFA. I have seriously dropped all ideas of displaying my works at this sorts of student exhibitions. Not to criticize or anything, since I was part of this event as a photographer, but what I concluded from it was that it was all big show.

Maybe it's just the way students are made to wait tirelessly just to present their works to the GOH and VIPs.

Or maybe it's the rigid timetable, rules, preparation and lack of spontaneity.

Or maybe it's the drastic bitchy, cold, cut-throat atmosphere I seem to seep in to throughout the pre-exhibition preparations.

Or maybe it's the fact that it seems very un-different, very un-unconventional and very un-revolutionary, the way un-art is supposed to be.

Or maybe it's just me whining about the whole procession and tiredness.

Nah. It isn't the last one. So I swear to myself even if I get chosen I probably won't put myself through the torture waiting for the GOH to come to my exhibition area so that I can be heard. It seems so ridiculous.

I still have tons I need to blog about. Like how my life under Chia is over, and how I am free from tests tomorrow, and how I am free from most of the things that are bugging me. It's freedom very soon!

1 Responses to “Kill the damned hiatus”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    WENG. wendy says HI.  

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.