Lebensraum

A social commentary.


Mooncakes and Haze

The haze is currently having a PSI of 150, which means it's unhealthy, which means it's serious. I mean, this is probably one of the worst cases- the moon looks yellow, and -get this- even taking in a gulp of air seems different. I mean the air quality is just worser. Yaya, sure, I'm just imagining things. That's what I told Nigel just now, and sorry, I'm taking back my words.

I mean there's like people coughing everywhere and everyone seems to be blowing into a tissue. Hopefully church attendance wouldn't drop tomorrow just because of the haze which ruined my Mooncake Fest yesterday.

I mean Mooncake Festival isn't mooncake festival without the moon. It was covered in haze! #$%^!!

But we had fun last night, didn't we? Haha. I haven't did the go-downstairs-and-play-with-lanterns activity for what was like 7 years? And I morphed into a 3 year old boy last night. Ask Joanna. Or Nigel. Or Ruth. Or anyone who was there yesterday.

Throngs of children carrying traditional lanterns, lanterns shaped in Bobdog, lanterns with electric lighting, lanterns that come with farny undecipherable designs, lanterns with twinkle twinkle little star playing, and -get this- lanterns playing Elvis' Love Me Tender Love Me Sweet. It's lanterns galore!

I think Mooncake festival is a time where inter-neighbourly and intra-family bonding is coherent. I mean like I see fathers and suns sons talking and screaming like brothers, mothers and, erm, mothers talking heartedly. It's a great celebration.

Almost makes me think that the moon is not important anymore. Almost.

I went to Extravaganceland again (Starbucks) and being a boring not-daring self decided to drink what I drank last week- the Java Chip Frappucino. Heex. I wanted to try Caramel Machiato but decided not to cuz I was feeling stinkin' hot after walking out in the haze and into Starbucks.

Nigel V had the usual Mocha frap and Issac the usual Vanilla Latte. Esther (goshes of goshes!) was with us and her Ice Latte, lamenting at how much she spent. Timmy was with us too but didn't drink coffee and ordered a Ice Cocoa with cream. Venti. See how rich kids these days are? I ordered a tall okay!

Maybe I'll take a Grande sometime *chuckles in anticipation*

It's ten o'clock now and the hourly PSI update is up. By the glory of God we have dropped to 145=)

Okay I better go mug for the big Science paper on Monday so I can feel less guilty. Ta people!

1 Responses to “Mooncakes and Haze”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    hi wengky..... timmy here ...... i'm not rich okay i was jus thirsty  

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.