Lebensraum

A social commentary.


Eve of Christmas Eve

I watched (and finished) Singapore Gaga yesterday thanks to the highly energetic miao =) It's a great flick and I particularly enjoyed the scenes which Miss Tissue Seller were in. It just brought onto a greater attention to me about the lack of acknowledgment and care we have to certain individualistic people in our society.

Oprah's Christmas Kindness episode also opened this view on a global scale, convicting me about certain in-your-face experiences with poverty I had mainly in East Timor. Where I remember some people were not really wanting to exert too much human contact with the citizens, and people around us reminding us to wash our hands before we eat after we shake hands with them.

It brought me to a conclusion that since I have paid over half a thousand bucks to fly all the way there, why can't I just hug those people and just show love in a form of human contact? Is it really that difficult? After all we are humans and have the same blood, hands and feet?

On a lighter note, I realized how much cheaper I have been paying for books in my preteen days not because Borders was mean and increased prices for everything but because children's books just cost lesser!

Yeah! I paid only S$8.95 for Roald Dahl's novels, and S$9.50 for Beaverly Cleary novels! I bought Charlotte's Web for ballpark S$9 and Toto Chan for $12! Compared to now where S$14 is considered quite a steal for a chic lit novel.

So I have made a resolution to complete my Ramona Quimbly Collection (of which I am missing Beezus and Ramona, Ramona and her Mother and Ramona's World) and my Roald Dahl Collection (of which I am missing Danny the Champion of the World, George and the Marvelous Medicine, James and the Giant Peach and Mathilda) by the end of next year =)

Catch me at the Border's Children's section! Haha.

Oh and for you HP fans out there, the last book's title is out. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

0 Responses to “Eve of Christmas Eve”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.