Lebensraum

A social commentary.


I don't bloody care.

Sometimes I feel that people see me as such a social person, and that I'm extrovert whatever. Sometimes I feel slaved to what people see me as and what people expect me to be. Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm not running on the track some random person wants me to be and he's pissed about it. Sometimes my intuition tells me people have already started their stopwatches, as if they're timing how long they're letting me go my own way before they blow their top at me.

Sometimes it gets so bad that I already start to preconceive that ticking clock from people when they talk to me. Sometimes I misunderstand people when they're not the ones. Sometimes people to me seem like this man with big glasses tapping his finger on his watch, telling me time's up.

Sometimes I sit down and wonder where I should go from now. Sometimes, I look up at the clouds wishing things could be simplified, and that life could be as easy as an instruction sheet. Follow step one, then two, then three. There! You achieve nirvana.

Sometimes I start to think that I can start anew. Sometimes I think that I don't have to be this way, I don't have to live by people's preconceived image, I don't have to listen to someone else's bullshit. And most importantly, I don't have to care what others think.

Because the more I hear it, the more I realize that that person is not your mother, not your father, your brother or your sister. He can't do anything to hurt you and he doesn't have that authority. His life probably sucks more than yours and listening to one less person doesn't help.

You're strong, dude. C'mon, is what he thinks about you gonna revolutionize your world? He doesn't make a difference in your life. You do. You know why? Cuz it's called your life for a reason.

This is for everyone who worry so much about their public image. Everyone suffers from it. That doesn't mean you can't be special.

5 Responses to “I don't bloody care.”

  1. # Blogger -Linus-

    I care.

    About you =)

    *Hugs*  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    i like da fei wei xiao.
    so cute larh the chinese way u put it.HAHA. for putting chi, i give u extra marks for ur blog.HAhA.

    and wenggggggkeong. u dont have to feel slaved to other ppl.just BE YOURSELF. =D  

  3. # Blogger Silent Flight

    Let me say that you really can't live for yourself... You have to live for a meaning.

    Like look at 2 of the 3 greatest ideologies of the 20th century, communism and nationalism (Nazi). Why did these 2 work out? simply because these 2 ideologies gave people something to live for, a meaning greater than themselves.

    Of course its the meaning itself that turned the tables on the people but ultimately, we can conclude that we humans need something more than ourselves to live for.

    For suggestions, God perhaps?...  

  4. # Blogger Silent Flight

    sry, and lets look at democracy, where people can live for themselves. Democracy in itself is failing, just look at America. I mean when George Bush ordered the invasion of Iraq,70 percent of the Americans believed that Saddam Hussein had links to 9/11.

    Democracy in Singapore? lol I shan't talk about it.

    But I think we must live for more than things that are internal, things that are external, but really for things that are eternal..  

  5. # Blogger farouche/michelle

    There's a difference between living for others and living with others in mind. I agree with the silent flight person (sorry, don't know your name xD) about communism and nationalism - putting the greater good before self, and working together as a whole selflessly, that works. But I guess what you're against is living for others - negative impact from the pressure of conforming to what others perceive of you, expect of you. Fighting that makes sense, but I think one shouldn't completely not care, yes? It's always good to be open to opinion, but not to the extent that it affects.

    Haha, what really caught my attention was your last paragraph, and silent flight's comments. Just so happened that my Chinese teacher talked about something like that today.

    In any case, cheer up! Haven't talked to you properly since PSC, hope you're doing fine. Press on with school yeah, and yes, with God we will mount up with wings like eagles :D Isaiah 40:30-31!  

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.