Lebensraum

A social commentary.


Shufa

Yesterday was my first Chinese Calligraphy (书法) class! Not my first actually, since I started way long ago in Primary Three but it was sort of a join-every-CCA-you-can move when joining a CCA was the rage in primary three.

And of course, like every fad, and like every poor time management routine, I left that CCA. I also left the PRC Chinese teacher who was teaching there.

I took an hour just to "get right" the 点 right. And that kind of 点 was just one of the many different ways to write a 点.

Then I decided one hour of just practicing 点s were boring. So I decided to jump the gun to the first page of my Chinese Calligraphy Workbook.



Chinese boleh! 能用华语是服气,别失去!

Postscript 点 is the simplest stroke in the writing of the Chinese language. It is merely a dot in daily writings. It is pronounced as dian.

Post-postscript "能用华语是服气,别失去!" is one of the slogans from the Speak Chinese campaign in Singapore. It suggests that using Chinese is a blessing, and that you should not lose that ability.


0 Responses to “Shufa”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.