Lebensraum

A social commentary.


Regretting

Life is all about regrets.

Regretting how I never relished the experience of Peer Support Camp when I was in Peer Support Camp. While on this topic I would like to thank everyone: Glen, Linus, Alph, Jun Cong, Sherwin, Oswin, Musli, Ze Wei, John Zheng, Joshua (Ng), Yi Zhe, Wei Jing, Muhsin, Jeremy, Jin Meng, Imran, John Wong, Hao Ming and all the Sec 2s for making PSLTC07 such a jackass blast for me. I had one of the most awesome four freaking days of my life and I think it was all because you guys were there. I forgot the Ex-facils as well, shan't name you but I know who you are. PSLTC07 will be one of those reasons why I freaking want a tape recorder that playbacks your life.

I think Musli describes an experience that two-thirds describes how I felt after PSLTC. Read it if you like Musli.

Regretting how half my term with MC and PSB is gone. And how I didn't take time to energise everyone in my EXCO, and how I wasn't an awesome chairman for the first half. And how I actually didn't give my all to these causes which freaking meant and means a lot to me. I think this is a severe wake up call for me. Time doesn't last forever, it ticks away like you're freaking rich. Just that you're not. You're only 15 years and 14 days and 13 hours and 12 minutes and 11 seconds and 10 milliseconds old once. So make good use of the time you have.

Regretting how I never took time to really interact with juniors and relate to them. Regretting how I didn't treasure my Sec One years and in lower sec kept wishing I was in upper sec. Regretting how I didn't give more to school. Regretting how I could have scored a freaking lower l1r5. Regretting how I fucking procrastinated too much. Regretting how I never spent more effort and time with too many people. Regretting how I never treasured too many people. Regretting how I daoed too many people. Regretting how I never bothered to relate to too many people. Regretting a lot of things.

And regretting sucks. Regretting sucks you into a deep dark hole. Deep dark holes and freaking deep dark holes. You do not want to fucking fall into a deep dark hold.

So yeah. This is my life. All about regretting. Get a grip. Get over it.

*half a minute interval*

That was what I felt a lot after I left camp. And it stayed this way for pretty long. Deep dark holes even in a mere day is not fun. Not fun. And then I read Nicolas' blog. No offense to Nicolas but I decided to post it instead of link it in case you guys don't click.

Kenrick: Life is full of regrets, but they shouldn't nail you down.
Nicolas: So I'm quite confused/lost now you see.
Kenrick: Haha, is there any point in regrets?
Kenrick: Life is linear, in case you haven't realised, yet in a inextricable web.
Kenrick: Your life is a story, yet all lives are a single story. Haha.
Nicolas: Woahh, alright.
Kenrick: Right?
Nicolas: Yup.
Kenrick: So don't look back look FRONT.

Yea. It pretty much cut me. I don't know who hell you freaking are, Kenrick, but you're abso-freaking-lutely right. Thanks a bunch.

So yea, I'm now going to push as much as I can for all those regrets.

2 Responses to “Regretting”

  1. # Blogger -Linus-

    We regret. And we move on.

    We're behind you in your journey.  

  2. # Blogger Nicolas

    Sometimes when you tell yourself that you don't want to regret about anything after you have made up your mind...
    but sometimes it just haunts you.
    But as Linus said, I guess we all have to move on with our lives.

    P.S.
    Totally cool about you posting our conversation. =)  

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.