Lebensraum

A social commentary.


A Great Day Spoiled

Today was a great day. But it was all spoilt. Just one thing- wiped out the rest. It's like the tsunami. With great waves, Phuket, Aceh and all the other countries were wiped. And it's disgusting how it happened. Because it can be prevented. And this awful thing not only affected me but my 2 seniors which I am sorry to. I shall, below, state the pleasant events of the day.

On the way to school, on the MRT, I saw this Chinese Old Lady speaking to an Indian lady. Nothing weird about that but the point is that they were conversing in some Indian dialect. And I doubt they knew each other before the conversation. Later on, when the Indian lady got off the train, the Chinese Old Lady took out a scripture from the book of John and started reading it. Isn't that wonderful?

The bumper boat ride to Pulau Ubin was fun. Real fun. There were occasional splashes. And, like the name, bumpy. Changi Jetty has also upgraded, it is now nicer and more "tourist-atractioning" although though it isn't equipped with the air-con luxury, more fashionable fans should be put in.

When we reached our destination, I met Clarissa with her Nan Hua Girls Brigade people. Meeting primary school friends unintentionally is cool. I wasn't suprised though. I read her blog the day before.

Later on, we had that treasure hunt thingy at Pulau Ubin. After reaching the first checkpoint, my partner Yiwen's bicycle chain jumped. It went really deep inside and got really stuck. A lady, Irene, asked if we needed help and she called for help. She said a van was to arrive but it took real long. In the period of waiting for the van, 3 people attempted to pull the chain out, unsucessfully. I got many mosquito bites. I looked like a leper. Fortunately, they are gone now, thanks to my restraint on scratching.

Then after one hour we decided to stop waiting and wheel our bicycles towards all checkpoints. On our way to the next checkpoint, the van came! And so Yiwen switched his jumped bike with a workable bike. We finished all the non-adventure checkpoints but had no time for the rest.

Then had prize-presentation later on. For the adventure section, all 3 top prizes were clinched by 2nd Company People. Ha ha. Congrats my seniors!

Then suddenly remembered I left my watch on the bike. Quickly went back to get my watch at the bicycle and quick-eyed uncle found it within a matter of seconds. Thanks uncle! Then I went back and saw 2nd Coy leave for the jetty. Saw Harry and asked him where was my bag, he said it was with Officer Herman. I went back and found him with my bag. I took it from him and unexpectedly he told me to go back with his Primers.

The Primers then said they wanted to buy a drink and they sat down at the shop. Bryan called me a lot of times but they instructed me to reject it. Reluctance. Then we walked to the jetty and I saw Bryan- worried. Guilty. He hurried me to the front and we took the jetty.

At the immigration point, changi jetty, mainland singapore, we heard cat-like noises when the police was scanning our bags. He told us to open them to make sure we didn't carry a cat in our bags. I then later found out he was the one making the noises. Ha ha. Who would have imagined... all but a POLICE! to joke around...

Then the horrible thing came...

I was used by a BB Officer... Sigh... I had to type a 300 word report, Bryan an 800 and Josiah 1000. Sigh... Herman washed my day away. It was almost perfect... but...

Don't wish to talk about it anymore.

Take Care anyway and God Bless You
Jesus Loves You and even Herman

Your Forever Friend
Weng Keong

0 Responses to “A Great Day Spoiled”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.