Lebensraum

A social commentary.


AGES!

*earth shakes* It has been ages since I have updated Big Fat Smiles and I really apologize to da people out there who have been continually visiting day by day (at least that's how I see it when the counter jumps daily. And it's not me refreshing okay. Haha. So it has been 12 days since I have posted anything decent, the previous too are just short crap to make you people there not left out of my life (then again, who wouldn't want to be?). A lot of stuff has been going on since this 12-day period and here am I typing on my four-year-old keyboard once again...

This FRIDAY!
Is the inaugural Victoria School Student Leaders' Investiture. It is the first ever and probably the event in my vie victorienne so far that gave me a hell lot of stress. Firstly it was the calling up to look for ushers, the numbers on the list were cursed! Most of them were either engaged, wrong, or no longer existing. I hate it when I call, and hear the "tu tu tu tu tu..." sound, the "There's no such person, you've called the wrong number!" voice or the "The number you've just called is no longer in use..." Singtel lady. So I had to resort to calling out the poor Sec 2s monitors whom all agreed happily (and weirdly all that I picked were working perfectly! WTH?) to help out.

Then on the Friday rehearsal... wow, everyone was so excited to be there. It was so fun and everyone had puppy dog faces, the tension level was high and everyone was enjoying every single moment. Yarh right. Who on earth would want to spend a FRIDAY AFTERNOON, locked up in a freezing auditorium, listening to a couple of people who think what they say is "absolutely necessary" (actually it probably is but anyway...) when they could be rejoicing that SCHOOL was gone for a miserable two days.

The worst thing was, when I went to the rehearsal in the status of an emcee (the others were all sick) the teachers all ignored us until John had to fight for our welfare. In the end, our presence only mattered like 80% of the time. And after the rehearsal, when we had further practice, Mr Marran had to butt in and change our script?! My script was hopeless as it showed so much illegible handwriting (see what happens when you got no proper desk and chair?!) and I struggled hopelessly to read as emcee like as possible. I rushed to my welcoming Friday life when John said I could go.

Oh well, there's another rehearsal tomorrow. And the day after. And possibly on Thursday. I'll take it easy. Really.

TOMORROW!
The Victorian will be out tomorrow! OH MY GOD I AM DAMN EXCITED. Do you not what this means? That means the fruit of the Victorian team's labours will come to bear fruit! The entire November holidays (which was my prime) and days of staying back later on it the year. I really hope Mdm Taz is well enough to see the sight tomorrow. There's a 60% chance she will cry. I might if I dab some eye moe into my eyelids too=) Look out for the EMD and Reflections page! There's my article there, maybe I'll be egoistic and paste it in my blog.

More insignificant updates...
Mozilla failed me on Thursday. I was surfing the World Wide Web when all of a sudden, a pseudo Anti-Spyware program called SpyFalcon installed itself into me and started posting messages like "Your computer is infected!" on my taskbar. I mean YOU are the one that infected my computer so shut to f**k up. I am now tormented by the occasional Adult FriendFinder (which is a site that allows people to look for sex, I'm not 16 damn you), lame shit advertisments. IE has come back to haunt me again.

So well, this is some of the stuff that I encountered the pass week. If you don't count the virus, I think I could rate it as a pretty enjoyable one.

Oh yarh! I finished the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis. It's the worst book in the series so far.

0 Responses to “AGES!”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.