Lebensraum

A social commentary.


The Drag

I feel myself being isolated from my primary school. I wonder if my alma mater mates feel the same. But when I first entered Victoria I was determined to keep in touch with this batch of totally cool and fun people- meeting with them regularly and so forth. I remember talking to Adri and asking him about his regularity of meeting his primary school friends and his response was twice a month. And I thought I could achive that.

But now I feel myself being dragged away from the old school that I used to be in. I mean, everything's changed. I read their blogs and I don't know what the heck their talking about, or how can they act this way yada yada yada. And I start to realise that people do change. I mean metamorphosis appears in everybody- whether it's good or bad. And the school (building+people) has revolutionised too. The teachers, people yada yada yada. I don't know ADP anymore.

I doubt I'll be coming for this year's Chinese New Year and such. I have not sent a single SMS/IM/email from anyone from my primary school. I have not contacted a single person. And I find myself lugged from them onto an Island where only Victorian, churchpeople and other social circles dwell. I really thought keeping that close touch in me like what Ms Ong said before was graduated was possible. Apparently she was quite wrong, in my sad case.

In fact now I even wish to move to the east. I mean, I have been staying in this Admiralty-ian estate for a decade! More than half of my life was spent here. And as other people metamorphosis, I have to transition too. I can't stick in the same phase of my life the whole life. I can't stick to this grubby part forever.

I just hope that all you guys out there- whoevers reading my blog- will remember the good times. Although we don't keep contact, keep in touch or show any sense of communication, please keep those memories close to your hearts. Just like what I'm doing.

I admit defeat. (and thank god for photos)

0 Responses to “The Drag”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.