Lebensraum

A social commentary.


An interesting ride home

I walk in from Bishan MRT Station and observes my fairly foreign suroundings. Sure, you take almost the same train everyday- but the people who take them with you are different. Do not think that these people are insignificant, and are just specks of dusts in your life (though they most probably will be). These are the people who will stay with you should your train be hijacked. These are the people whose bodies will lay beside you should the terrorist decide to bomb that train. These are the people whose faces would probably appear beside yours in the Obituary. Morbid? It is but the truth.

So anyway, I look around at my choices of seats and find that there are none. Only one seat is available and I proceed to sit down. Beside me is an elegant lady. I sit beside her and her mild perfume of the Allure Sensuelle (New Frangrance from Chanel) slowly drifts it's way into my nose. I get a little dizzy and continue to observe her. She is sporting the newest Burberry Fashion accompanied by hundred dollar makeup and million dollar hair. She shifts her feet, I look down and she's wearing Prada ladylike heels. I then look at her ears, dangling from them are what-seemed-like Tiffany diamond earrings. She then gives a femine, polite yawn and lifts up her wrinkle-free soft hands to look at her diamond encrusted, Swiss-made Jaeger Le Coultre timepiece. Her phone then vibrates, she takes it out and... Vertu! I think about the amount of tax she's paying and shudder in fear. I then turn my attention to the person beside me. *Yawn*, just an average joe in your average life. I turn my attention back to Miss Elegant.

Shock!

Miss Elegant's dainty neck is now leaned onto the window of the MRT train with her head facing towards the boring ceiling of the train. Her mouth is wide open and soft snoring noises (only I can hear) emits from her cultured mouth. Slowly but surely, a drip of saliva is forming at the side of her snoring-emiting body part! She then aruptly tilts her head to the gentlemen on her right and hits his shoulder. She then wakes up only to realise the chrysalised-saliva drop fall from her mouth, and drops onto her Burberry pants. She looks around her, probably hoping nobody saw her ugly side. She stayed awake the entire journey to Yishun.

Fiction or Non-Fiction? Up to you to decide =)

The train today was immensely irritating. It stopped five times, each time stoppin for as short as 30sec to as long as one and a half minutes. Annoying train conductor! He must have bribed his way into MRT Conductorship. Tsk.

0 Responses to “An interesting ride home”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.