Lebensraum

A social commentary.


It's once again a friday,

and there's parade tomorrow. Oh how I yearn for the days whereby parades were actually fun and all, but now, it is dominated by the dark cloud. For a freaking 3 hours and 20 minutes, this dark cloud will be following us- wherever we go, making it virtually impossible to maintain a jubiliant spirit/expression/self. This dark cloud commands physical dyhydration and mental sucking. After the the painful length of time, you become an empty apple, the result of a dementor's kiss. You are a person without feeling, without love. After that period of time, you live to die.

Someone, save me from this tormentation, I am suffering the effects of the crucio- in fact the dark cloud is the crucio. I am but a empty soul in the presence of this dramatic power. Though the controller of this dark cloud is not the devil, he is just similar, as Yiwen had mentioned on one of his entries that is apparently no longer existant.

Today was quite an acommplishing day. I am going to be the reserve Master of Ceremony on the Leader's Investiture helf on the 24th of January this year. I will also, collect whatever they will give us this year (some award presentation thingy) on behalf of the Sec2 2006 Monitors. I might also ask to be Photographer for the event. Haha, 1 person, 3 roles. I will probably be hopelessly redundant as reserve emcee since the chances of someone falling sick are from 1:999 but at least I'm going up to get something =)))

I finished Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction today! And here is my review for it:

Adrian Mole is now in is 30s and has taken a strange turn from the world of writing. He has now switched to reading- and embracing the Literature culture rather than creating Literature from his previous books. Adrian also takes a turn to much more romance this time- a strangling love relationship with new character Marigold and then later marrying her sister Daisy. Adrian's monetary problems also arises in this book- landing him in the torment of debt. Adrian's maternal and paternal relations also grow stronger.

Seeing Adrian Mole in his 30s and comparing him to when I first read him (in 13 and 3/4s) I sense a great difference. I now read him as someone more mature and rational (still as funny, of course). Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction is a heart wrenching book- having highs and lows which causes you to sympathise him and embrace him. The Last Book in the series is a terrific read.

So now, I am currently reading:

December Issue of The Readers' Digest
The Perfect Storm by Sebastian Junger
The Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis

I must get the last 2 unread books from the Adrian Mole series this month and be done with Adrian for the rest of my life. Haha.

UPDATED.

0 Responses to “It's once again a friday,”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.