Lebensraum

A social commentary.


I was forced,

to pay 12 whole dollars to buy a sucky Chinese magazine I probably will never survive through. (By survive through I mean read everything) The chinese magazine's english title is "Track" and the chinese title is "pao dao". The first time I heard it I thought it was some Turf City Race Contest. I'm not trying to be critical or anything (yarh right) but the first time I held it, I straight away thought of a travel brochure of some boring place chucked right at the back of the travel brochure stand.

Okay, okay, I don't expect any Art Magazine standard kind of layour blah blah but at least come out with something more appealing. After all, your magazine IS going to be read by teenagers. And believe me, we won't want to read something that's chucked all the way back at the travel brochure stand. I don't know if I'm starting to becoming steorotypical of Chinese school mags, but there are some quality ones out there (which, for some WEIRD reason, our school decided not to go with that one).

I was quite pissed today. I recently mailed out an order form for 12 issues of Readers' Digest for 95singaporedollars which was a saving of 19dollars from the cover price. I thought it was quite a good deal (although the fact is that 80% of each month's publication has that deal) and mailed out my order with ang pow lieu immediatlely. Thus now, Magazine Express Private Limited decided to pay a visit to Victoria School offering a year of subscription to the very same Readers' Digest magazine for just 72dollars! Thoughts of suicide flooded my mine. Shit.

Now, I am determined to save up enough to get an SLR Camera by my 16th birthday. I wouldn't mind a Canon 350D which is what the Media Lab is using but I predict that by my 16th Birthday, there would probably be cooler models out there. With yearly birthday cash and ang pow lieu, plus extra savings out of da allowance, 2000 by 2008 shouldn't be much of a problem. Oh well, I shall man man deng ba.

Have you ever had to break some bad news to someone who has been very enthusiastic about something for quite sometime? Sure, that person could have been a little to much enthusiastic but still... Well, I'm stuck in this pathetic shit right now and Li Zhi thinks I should spit everything out. I still have my doubts.

P/s Get read for an awesome post on the 2nd of March! Where BFS will celebrate its First Birthday! It's 1o more days left!

0 Responses to “I was forced,”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.