Lebensraum

A social commentary.


Inaugural,

what's up with that word anyway? Ingugural Student Leaders' Investiture, inaugural Commonwealth Photo Competition, inaugural this, inagural that.

So, after spending hours and hours rehearsing lines, the inagural Victoria School Student Leaders' Investiture had finally arrived. Like Josiah said "It always just passes away in one night". The same thing for Fiesta De Navidad, Bible Quiz, and all the other emotionally, physically, socially and spiritually draining events. Back to da point, after spending hours and hours rehearsing on those lines, editing the scripts who knows how many million times and everything else, I screwed up on my first line. How is that?

"For now, please sit back relax, and be dully enthralled -pause- while we await our guest of honour's arrival,"

Warren has praised me for my ability to move on after making a mistake or somehow turning the tables. But whether making a mistake to wear that whole ability is a whole story another. Crap.

I shandn't dwell on Victorianism (my own version of the more popularly used "Victorian Spirit") any longer. After all, I don't wnat my blog to be another blog with school-spirit URLs. Not that I don't have school spirit (I have a hell lot of it), but I would still like to retain my individuality.

It wasn't until just a few minutes ago I realised that Sec 2 life had a lot more to offer then what I think it has. I mean sure, watching those people who are less than plusminus365 days older than you wearing long, white pants can be a little nauseating but other than that, Sec 2 life is filled with chances, opportunities and a lot more. Maybe I was a little too eager to down those longer pieces of apparel.

Theres going to be those IP Open Houses- with VJ, TJ, NJ. Not that I'm determined on getting in like some people are (hardcore IP people), but hey, what's wrong with a little interest? I mean, I always here IP- Integrated Program blah blah. But what's going on in the lessons, what makes it more unique?

And then there's the Subject Combinations that I have choose- accordingly with this year's SA reuslts. Oh yarh, my CA prospects- shall touch that later. I have no idea if I should be a 9-sub taker. I mean, at least there's 3 more subjects if I fail my other 2. And if I'm stressed about anything, at least I won't drop too much. But that would mean I would have to take Physics and Chem. Was originally thinking of something along the line of conbined science.

And then theres those red shirts. If I can get in that is. I would seriously care for a PSL badge =)

So yarh, I suddenly realised there's more the age of fourteen in Victoria can offer.

Screw that algebra though.

0 Responses to “Inaugural,”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.