Lebensraum

A social commentary.


Living for God

Few days since I have updated the blog. Perhaps it's the lack of adrenaline running through the brain. Perhaps it's my ever plunging writers' thing. Perhaps that journalist dream was not to be. Is that good? I always thought that choosing God was a struggle. When Abraham left his mansion to live in tents, when Matthew left his tax collecting to become a disciple. I really am confused. But perhaps God sees the big and I see the small.

I learnt many things these few days. I learnt the need to live for God. In everything we do.
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for his wrong, and there is no favoritism. Colossians 3:23
. I was revealed this string of verses in AQ this year. Soon Ting via Guofeng read this to us and I was really inspired- and keeping these words in my heart as we were struggling through Pulau Ubin- through plains, dense forests and weird hills.

Perhaps it's only when you are really in a really bad state and driven to the extreme before looking to God for help. "Dependence" and not "Independence". We as Christians should rely on God- his strength.

Back to my point- living for God. I mean sometimes we have the misconception that we can only live for God when doing his work- evangelism and all that. But this is not true! I mean, we can glorify God in our studies and make ourselves a living testimony in that area. Referring to my quoted verses- Paul was writing to the Church in Colossians. They were the slaves and servants. And Paul is asking them to work at it with all their hearts!

Do it all for God- not for yourself, but for God.

0 Responses to “Living for God”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.