Lebensraum

A social commentary.


The Great Rush

I was caught in The Great Rush today. Remembering Joel telling me why he didn't take up Jap in Secondary school although he was apt for it. Saying that he would be running back and and forth from MOE LC and VS and getting caught in the rat race 3 times a week.

I was nodding vigorously at what he said and thanked God that I wasn't selected for Jap.

Now I realised every Victoriana/Victorian season I am caught in The Great Rush.

Just in case you don't know what The Great Rush means, it just means the bus going extremely slow because tonnes and tonnes of people are packed inside like sardines and the MRTs being overcrowded and having your face stuck it people's armpits thus smelling their overactive body odor.

Sometimes life just feels so meaningless. Getting from one place to another, doing things that will never matter once you leave the earth and the list goes on.

Why are we running so fast?

0 Responses to “The Great Rush”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.