Lebensraum

A social commentary.


I'm losing the inspiration to blog. However, I have to keep up with the urges to write everyday. My hits are getting lesser and I tell myself I should really spent my time on things more meaningful- not that blogging isn't meaningful but there are, I believe more meaningful things than blogging out there. I can expose myself to the world of Literature- there are so many books in Borders/Kinokuniya/MPH/Times/New-Popular-at-Bras-Basah which I can read (Not that I spend my money there! I can just sit and lean on the shelves and read and be a typical Singaporean!) Music and Podcasts I can listen to. Video Podcasts (if my C Drive allows it) and tv shows I can watch. Novels I can write (FYI I have stopped NaNoWriMo-ing- perhaps I shall try next year), And by Christmas next month I can start being a diaryist too! Because that's when I turn 13 3/4 *sniggers* just that I would probably be in Hong Kong vacationing during that time. Probably only.

It's another 3 weeks and 2 days before I shall fly on the Australian Airlines (direct flight) to East Timor. In case you don't know where I was referring to on one of my previous entries (here) it was East Timor. I thanked God for a million times I was not travelling via Gauruda Indonesia (much to Oswin's discontent. I suppose.) so the chances of my flight crashing in the *refers to world map* Flores Sea *cough* will be much lesser.

I will remind myself to take Malaria pills because on countless occasions I have obtained mosquitio bites when others had none. For some reason the mosquitos like my blood and that (believe me) is not a good thing. Unlike the man who can see ethereal beings, which some people consider a gift- no one considers having mosquito-sought-after blood a gift. And since normal mosquitos like my blood- malaria mosquitos should too- a major unfortunate. Still I am determined to enjoy myself in the world's newest independant state.

Had the AQ training of Doom yesterday. In case you're wondering what is AQ- it is a Boys' Brigade competition held annually to test the topography, fitness, endurance of BB Boys. Participants have to go through a gruelling 75km (this year) course competiting with the 100+ companies in Singapore. In the course- cycling, running, canoeing and other sports are competed and boys race to the finish line.

I really tell myself I shouldn't be doing this since I am a super unfit person and I shouldn't be doing things that are not suited for me. Actually I had already joined long ago but the reason why I am writing about this annual competition (and it's tough training) again is that the Second Singapore Company (normally known to members as "2nd COY") has engaged an alumnus as our trainer. And believe me- an alumnus trainer is far far tougher than a Sec 3 (next year Sec 4) senior. And more frightening too.

We started of the 2 hour long training with 1 hour worth of jumping jacks (with frequent breaks in between 30-80 counts of 4 of course) and then had a 3km run in step. I probably being the weakest runner (and in fitness level) was first in the "two lines". I really couldn't take it after the 2nd kilometer but the trainer sorta slowed down. Then we went to the tennnis court and had this jumping "game". We were split into two and then had to crouch down- sorta like leapfrog with more people and without touching the backs of our teammates- jumping around the entire tennis court. This 2 hours was a teeny-weeny bit less worst than hell although I haven't been to hell in my life before.

I am not determined to run at least for 20 minutes everyday except Sunday =)

And for some reason my shift 2 key and shift ' key has changed places. I hate it and end up typing @ every time I wanna type " and vice versa. It sucks.

0 Responses to “[no title and entry with spelling/grammatical mistake because I can't be bothered to check]”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.