Lebensraum

A social commentary.


Viva La Timor Loro Sae Issue One, Second Edition

Some notes before I start the 2nd part of the first issue of the Viva La Timor Loro Sae Big Fat Smiling publication.

Tomorrow is Christmas Day. Today is Christmas Eve. Yesterday was the eve of Christmas Eve. Thus it is the Christmas Season. I have thus started a shoutout blog (BigFatSmilingShoutouts.BlogSpot.Com) for all the people whom I wish to shoutout out there. A year has passed and I have prepared a new template for the blog to start 2006 and to reflect the wonderful 2005. Be prepared on the 31st for the new metamorphosis.

Tomorrow is Christmas Day (you might think I'm crazy because I'm repeating something I just said a paragraph ago but PLEASE, just READ ON) making me not just a plain old 13 year old but 13 and three quarters which is also the age of Adrian Mole when he became a diaryist. I will begin my diary (presented from Oswin) tomorrow and that MIGHT lead to lesser time Big Fat Smiling. Jeremy has left the blogosphere and I tell myself that I really should follow in those footsteps.

So yarh... the anticipated (at least I hoped you guys did) Viva La Timor Loro Sae First Issue Second Edition.



Editor's Note
The Magazine cover is this time totally designed by me without the use of FD Flickr Toys using the celebrated program- Adobe Photoshop *ahem* 6 *ahem*. I think it looks much nicer than the previous cover *remembers that someone told him that self-praise is no praise* and I hope you will enjoy this edition even more than you did in the previous one. Sorry for the inconsistency and continue to enjoy Viva La Timor Loro Sae.

Yours
The only member of this pathetic publication.

*ponders where he stopped the previous issue, reads students sketchpad and procastinating*

Arte Morris
Arte Morris is the growing art scene in Timor Leste (otherwise known as Timor Loro Sae, East Timor, Timor Timor blah blah blah) It was started by a Swiss couple who saw many teenagers doing nothing on the streets. Thus he decided that Timor Leste had a potential art scene and decided that he was the one who should start it.

Thus he started Arte Morris a few years ago and now it is a gallery and an art school. I was there personally (duh!) and I too like him saw a lot of potential in many of the students. Being an art student myself in my Singaporean school, I thought some of the works were really aweing blah blah blah. Although so, I did not take any pictures of them honouring their intellectual property (do I hear protests from pirated vcd buying people?). I did however, take photos of the institution.What you see above the the type of music STOMP! from USA played. I forgot what it's called, maybe a
reader can tell me? Unfortunately very little students were there when we were there thus we didn't get to here the *unknown* music. We were, fortunately the audience of a complimenting drum performance by four of the students. It was highly entertaining- I videoed part of the performance down but because of my inexperience as a netizen and the lack of interest to learn and google, the poor readers of this pathetic magazine has no chance to view the video making the magazine even more pathetic. But wait- magazines don't have videos do they? Even the Daily Prophet photos are only animated and not videoed.

The Santa Cruz Cemetery
Didnt' take much photos here except one from outside the gate. I don't know how some people can find this cool but I think it's horribly freaky to take a photo and see a weird unidentified object/person/ethereal in your photo, thus I decided to respect the dead. The Santa Cruz Cemetery was not exactlly a tourist attraction but it is quite an important milestone in Timor Lete's history because once upon a time some teenagers came to protest about the goverment or whatever outside the cemetery and the Indonesian police or whoever shitty people decided to throw fire at them. Thus the UN decided to take notice and that the world started to take note of this suffering state.

singingEVERWHERE!
was the last activity of the 2nd of 8 days. We visited a nearby village in Dili and there was wet mud on the ground. Being a not-so-rich person, I treasured my painstakingly saved up for Nike shoes a lot. Thus every step on the village ground was an arrow pierced into my weak and feeble heart. That carried on until my heart broke- the cute little Timorese child in front of me had no shoes on- he's feet was sinking into the wet mud and he was smiling at me. Instinctively, I reached our my hand to this little boy and he lovingly smiled at me. That was the first touched-in-my-heart feeling I had and there were more to come.

Through the course of singing various carols in Bahasa Indonesia and English, the sun soon set and it was dark. As instructed, I took out my cheap China bought and made lightstick. Soon I gave it away and urged dear lame pal Wendy to give hers away too. She then reached out to a small boy in front of her and whilst the boy was stretching out his hand to take his gift, a girl snatched it away. Wendy then looked embarassed at the boys' dear parents and proceeded to scold me for urging her. Then my heart sank. I didn't think it was the girl's fault- I mean you have to fight for your own happiness don't you? And it wasn't the boy's fault for not taking the lightstick fast enough either. After all, he was just a little kid (littler than the girl) and was shy. Thus I was determined to the fact that I would bring enough gifts for all the children and adults the next time I visit any under priviledged village.

Which brings me to the end of Viva La Timor Loro Sae Issue One, Second Edition. Any gramitical/spelling error is purely unintentional and due to carelessness and the spirit of bochup. Look forward to Viva La Timor Loro Sae Issue Two Coming your way! And Merry Christmas!

0 Responses to “Viva La Timor Loro Sae Issue One, Second Edition”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.