Lebensraum

A social commentary.


It's another Victorian day

and I think I'm beggining to gain interest in Israeli politics. If you would notice- Israeli politics is very interesting. Not does it just contain the usual juicy and dirty suff you find in Taiwan or any other country (politics is, after all, a dirty thing), it contains cultural, religious and bilateral issues . The uncontinuos prejudice agasint the Jews- a group of God's chosen people is carried forth in Israeli politics. Together with new Israelis from other countries (Charlie and Carol) and Israelis who are Jews but are not of Jewish faith- Messianic Jews or something like that. Plus the spring of new parties- including those who are part of that religious war of sort, and opposition and protection from neighbouring countries- Israeli politics is an interesting affair.

So anyway, I am now an avid listener of The Israelisms Podcast *beams at self*.

I have also (just) noticed about this "how much your blog is worth thing" on Techorati.


My blog is worth $18,629.82.
How much is your blog worth?



And apparently my blog is worth $18, 629.82 dollars in who knows what currency. I have no idea how this is calculated. Apparently it is not random because I have checked it several times to insure my good luck but it has always stayed there. Xiaxue's, is, apparently, a whopping million plus. Lols, but I doubt Big Fat Smiles isn' worth that much =)

The Mentorship program with Nanyang primary has yet again been postponed- it has been 2 pathetic weeks. So yarh, I kinda like the idea of mentoring young cute and innocent primary 5 students because I remember interesting mentorship programs I had with seniors from various schools too- in my primary school days.

The yearly Chinese camps held in my alma mater. It used to be a yearly affair for Primary 4 students and ex-Admiralties will be asked to help out as facilitators at those camps. Sadly, no one has called me so far to help out or anything =( Perhaps it's because of my lack of ability in the Chinese Language which others are so apt in.

In Primary 4 was the Primary 4 Leadership camp- which was probably included in most inspiring stories I wrote on why I came to Victoria School. If you haven't heard it, well, Victorians are mostly the camp instructors for camps at Admiralty. You have to get the green light from your teacher should you want to be a camp instructor though.

And there was the Leadership N7 cluster 2 day camp held for prefects and student leaders in the N7 cluster primary schools. I remember really nice facilitators then- mostly from Evergreen and Si Ling secondary. In fact I still have some of the que cards that they gave me at the end of the camp to sorta encourage me should there be any hurdles in my life. Sadly, I did not use those inspirational quotes for any of the hard times I have experienced- including the horrible PSLE, first Secondary SA yada yada yada.

American Idol has started! Yay! I shall drown myself with AI from now on =)

P/s New photos on Flickr Big Fat Smiles!

0 Responses to “It's another Victorian day”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.