Lebensraum

A social commentary.


late late entry

Right now it’s me, in front of my brand new mac which (or who actually) has just turned 24 hours old if it were said to be born the moment I laid my grimy hands onto its luscious lusty white exterior. Sometimes I wonder if things had feeling too, and wondered if the mac was happy for me to be its owner (it’s quite terrible you know, you are known as “Big Fat Smiles”, not a very nice name to be called. But my iPod and thumbelina is also called that, too bad for them *oops*). But if things had feelings, I would never wanted to be a toilet bowl brush (think of your head being dipped into detoxifying excrete from like over who-knows-how-many-individuals) or the sole of a trekking shoe (imagine being in the heart of Bukit Timah and it just rained, everything being muddy and all).

So yup, I’m first typing this entry now on Pages with the 30 Day Trial. I already ordered the software (plus the mighty mouse) online and they told me it would arrive on 1st June. (I ordered on Sunday) Then, when I was at school on Monday Afternoon, they came. Wow, so much for 1st June.

So I didn’t manage to get my mighty mouse plus iWork. I don’t mind not having iWork (since I have 30 more days) but I can’t not have a mouse! A mouse is essential! A netizen and graphic artist of my calibre cannot work with a trackpad (although the MacBook trackpad is pretty good, haha)

Still getting adjusted to Pages though- hope I can pull it off without having to troupe to the Apple Store getting the office:MAC in the end. The very reasons why I wanted to use iWork because it was faster on an Intel Mac and I kinda always fascinated the idea of doing away with Office. I can’t however, the ghost is always haunting me. I still have various Microsoft softwares on my com.

So yea, it’s really very fast- took me only 26 sec to start up- that’s only to the user page though, to your desktop will probably take another 10 plus seconds, not bad for a 13” lapmate. The music play really good on inboard speakers- or maybe its my own lack on speaker judgment to to judge the quality of sound but I think its quite good already. All Mac OS X and iLife Apps work blazingly fast- running Firefox (Universal), MSN, iTunes, Downloading 3 programes, iPhoto and Photo Booth didn’t cause one bit of lagging. Haven’t done ay intensive Photoshop an InDesign yet so that is yet to be seen. Not very optimistic about that though- still silently awaiting my CS3.

So yup, my review is damn mainstream, very cliche. Basically, I think the MacBook is a pretty good buy- except for the graphics card- that the only barrier to many avid Creative Suite People (with the intel chips too!)

Bye for now!

*entry was written on 30th may, was delayed till TODAY.





0 Responses to “late late entry”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.