Lebensraum

A social commentary.


Life in Victoria

Sometimes I really believe Metamorphosis really exist in between out lives, sometimes no. Why yes? Why no? Well, for 3 years, I faced no much Metamorphosis.

Primary One to Primary Two, total change of friends. I am quite suprised as I look back at that year and realize I didn't really feel sad and all that about leaving my one-good-year friends. Maybe its that innocense- that immaturity that some people as adults strive to achieve, but not.

Then from Primary Two to Three, I changed my group of friends again. (Friends here are classmates) I dropped from the best class to the 2nd best class. Had fun anyway.

Then in Primary Four switched back to smae group of friends from Primary Two. Scored real hugh and went to the best class. And from then on, no more Metamorphosis. Probably that was the time I wasn't training my adaptation skills.

So when it was time to move on from being Admiraltirian? to Victorian. I wasn't prepared. In fact, life was devastating. The sadness and stuff was at its peak iduring the Secondary One Orientation Camp. Read it more it Victoriana. But the teachers might edit it too much, so heres the "original" version which I single-handedly typed:

A child always has changing ambitions. I remember always wanting to be a teacher, then a doctor, then a newscaster. As for secondary schools, it’s the same. I have always changed what schools have I wanted to go to when I reach 13.

At that time, I didn’t really mean what I said. I just said it so I could tell adults something when they asked me what school I wanted to go to. As I am staying in the North, I didn’t really hear about Victoria School. I only heard of it when I went to my Primary Four Camp.

The Camp Instructors were Victorians. They are now 18 years, and I don’t really know any of them, but I remember them as strong, fine, responsible teenagers- what I wanted to be. So when I was about to go up the rope course, a camp instructor asked me “What school do you want to go to?”, and I would shout out loudly “Victoria!” and here I am now.

I was nervous when I entered Victoria. I was practically trembling went I came in. It was a whole new place, new friends, teachers, environment, and most importantly- A new School. None of my from my old school friends accompanied me. I was alone.

Suddenly, I felt I had made the wrong decision. I would have never felt that way if one friend from my primary school had followed me. For the first few days, I dreaded coming to school, but I didn’t show it. I missed all my old school friends. I felt I was weird. Because it seemed like I was the only one like that. My mom told me that that would change.

But slowly, that changed. I liked my new circle. I liked my seniors. I liked my teachers, I liked my friends. Everybody seemed friendly and nice. That is probably what you call settling in. And I like settling in.

I joined the Boy’s Brigade and the Media Club, which explains why I am writing this. I enjoy my CCA sessions and everything is fun. I am lead to believe that Victoria is a very all-rounded school- excelling in sports, culturally and in our Uniformed Groups.

The Cross Country Championships at Turf City was a very good experience. Cheering for our own Cross Country team- out loud. Everyone was shouting, everyone was happy, singing, celebrating our glory in the slight drizzle. The Victorian spirit was high. Singing “VS Boleh” over and over again, not forgetting “VS Unite”, I really got that “sense of belonging”.

Today, I can go around telling everybody confidently and undauntedly “I’m a Victorian.”

Yup yup, that was the article that I wrote. I don't know if anyone else felt that way too. But I felt horrible. I was homesick, I missed my old friends. Sigh.

But that slowly changed. Another Metamorphosis slowly emerged. Now, I am 100% comtable with my friends. I don't even have enemies lol. And my seniors are wonderful people ;). If you guys are reading this, and you think it's yourself, then its you.

And I still keep in contact with my primary school friends. Sigh. Life is unexpectful. You never know where the road will lead you.

***

Today was a wonderful day. Got to know one more Victorian Blog :)- Jian Han's.

Had sports day today. My house lost. The last of all 5 houses. Kallang rules still anyway. I like my house. Then things were real fun larh. Sigh. What do you expect at a sports day? Then met Jian Han. LOL. SMSed each other though we were sitting beside each other. And Josiah said we were pervert. LOL.

Then on the way back, missed the train. Almost made it. LOL. I was trying to open the door! Sigh...

God Bless Take Care

Jesus Loves You though Kallang got last

Your Forever Friend
Weng Keong

0 Responses to “Life in Victoria”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.