Lebensraum

A social commentary.


MyScene

I have been watching KidsCentral lately, and noticed that MyScene Barbie Doll brand have been releasing a new range of Barbie Dolls on their 16th Birthday. I doubt any 16 year old girls play with Barbie Dolls now. Who would play with Barbie Dolls? I think usually girls would stop at 7 or 8? Correct me if I'm wrong. But definitely not 16.

So what will these young girls think? 16th Birthday is definitely not a correct influence for these girls. 16th Birthday introduces vanity [in fact the Barbie doll legend has already introduced vanity], boys and all sorts of stuff young girls shouldn't be coming into contact with.

At least Mattel's Barbie has crappy ranges like whatever princesses kinda stuff. But 16th Birthday really isn't the correct influence. The girls, at a young age, will probably want to put on makeup, or wear fancy clothes. Or even worst, like boys. At 6 or 7? No way.

So yup, if I would ever have a daughter, I would never give her Barbie dolls.

TakaGoble
Jesus Loves You

0 Responses to “MyScene”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.