Lebensraum

A social commentary.


My one-day disappearance was due to the short getaway to this small town in Malaysia called Senai. I stayed at this quite posh hotel and it was quite a fulfilling stay. But due to the "normality" of visiting the Malaysian Peninsular, I have neglected to take those colored images otherwise known as photographs. (What a load of crap!) But anyway, I have far more important messages to bring forth on this post (which when I'm typing now is still Untitled) on the 27th of December.

It was just 366 days ago where the tsunami had struck the terror stricken shores of Aceh, Sri Lanka, Phuket and so forth. Base on my knowledge of watching the flashback segment on News 5 Tonight last night on the hotel room television, I began to recall things that happened a year ago. (366 days is still a year- 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012 are all/will be 366 day years) My mind visualized what happened in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban movie where Hermione and Harry was tied within a timeturner and their surroundings blurred and time passed.

I remember going to receive my merit bursary at some community centre and dropping in 50 bucks (some from my mom) into the fish tank like donation box. I remember dropping my remainding allowance into Victoria's own collection stand. I remember watching the video online. I remember the crying women. I remember the dead bodies. And just right when I jumped out of my built-in-the-air castle, I saw the registered images on the television once again. And my mind began to race again.

A certain person had made a comment that the geographer who predicted the Boxing Day 2004 tsunami crisis was jeered at before the tsunami actually arrived. He/she told me that he/she had once again made a conclusion and this time Singapore (my homeland) was involved in it. I have no idea how true it is but it strikes fear into my heart (even worst that Victoria is situated near the East Coast). Life is vulnerable. But God is beside me.

Then I visited the Victoria School Website (vs.moe.edu.sg) and read the latest Principal's note written on the 25th of December and I read this:

We look forward to meeting you and all Sec 1 Victorians.


Why look forward to only the Sec 1 Victorians? And why are my parents going to school? I thought orientation was over a year ago? I thought that I had already orientated myself to Victoria School? What is the need for ANOTHER orientation?

This is when I realise I am no longer a Secondary One student but a Secondary Two one (although I haven't started on my year). This is when I realise my first promotion performa will be submitted soon- fulfilling the fact that I may be promoted to a Lance Coporal and no longer JUST A PRIVATE. This is when I realise I actually have juniors. This is when I realise I am no longer the baby of the Victorian family. I am thought to be having a higher order of thinking than the new 13 year olds (though technically next year till March I'm still 13). This is when I think I can no longer fulfill the post of being more senior than someone in school though I haven't even tried. This is when I'm scared. Really.

Take my hand.


0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.