Lebensraum

A social commentary.


My 19 days late New Year Resolutions

This disastrous and faux pas was due to the spirit of bochup and laziness. Or maybe it has its good points too. Probably because when you just step into the New Year, you are in this fiesta mood and can't really think properly- offering all sorts of nonsensical and meaningless resolutions you probably can't fulfill. Thus, after going through weeks of 2006, I have came up with sensible and achievable resolutions =)

1) I will understand political situations better by listening to political podcasts, blogs and media before commenting on political issues. I mean, this is really important. The reason why I preferred Lian Zhan over Chen Sui Bian in the Taiwan Elections last year was because Lian Zhan spoke nicer chinese. What rubbish.

2) I will make an effort to do proper studying and reflection. Te past 19 days has proved my mentality of thinking that I have a studious personality wrong. In fact I have never been really studious. PSLE did not contain any hardcore study, SAs last year didn't get any either. Thus I better get the momentum starting now since I'm probably not aplying for the IP thus having to take the GCE 'O' Levels.

3) I will read more. I only read 29 books last year! That's only about 2+ a month! I hereby now strive to read a book week =) Although I have only read a book since the start of the year *looks around in terror*

4) I will TRY to spend lesser on entertainment. Entertainment being CDs, movies and stuff.

5) I will be more intellectual- reading more intellectual books (like Pride and Prejudice, blah blah...), watching more intellectual movies (like Memoirs of a Geisha blah blah), listen to more intellectual music (like Five for Fighting and not teen pop stuff blah blah), listen to more intellectual podcasts (Israelisms! blah blah) and I guess that's about all...

6) Be more active in church and closer to God.

7) Getting more enthusiastic for BB

8) Do my best for the reformation of the Victoria School Media Club

9) Remember to at least send SMSes on People's birthdays.

10) Do my weekend homework on Fridays (which was highly UNsuccessful for the past 2 weeks)

Yup, and 10 resolutions for the year of the Dog =)

Like any other Chinese festivals- I have addictions. On Lantern Festival I had cravings for Mooncakes everyday. On Dumpling Festival I stop by at the Admiralty Wet Market to get a dumpling or two. On the Tang Yuan festival (tang yuan festival???) I eat black sesame tang yuans for dessert every other day. And lastly... the celebrated Chinese New Year!!! What's CNY without PINEAPPLE TARTS???

Due to the unique personality I have, I don't crave for any pineapple tart just like I don't crave for any tangyuan, dumpling or mooncake. I always take the black sesame tang yuan. The pork dumpling and the SNOWSKIN, NO EGG mooncake. So for the PINEAPPLE TART... I enjoy the COVERED BUTTERY one! Not the exposed one horh- with all the pineapple showing. I like the covered one =) I eat it everyday =)

Oh well, more tomorrow! Have more to share =)))

0 Responses to “My 19 days late New Year Resolutions”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.