Lebensraum

A social commentary.


Roadtrip Malaysia!

Wow, 10 whole days just passed in a blink of an eye. Or maybe more than one blink, 10 maybe? Haha. Anyway, below shows a BFS Exclusive (designed personally by your friendly neighborhood BFS) half map of Western Malaysia (also known as Malaysia Peninsular) which has also charted the route I have taken (on dad's wheels) for the past 240hours!

I didn't label the order of the journey, but it should be pretty guessible. The order goes: Singapore to Kluang, Kluang to Kuala Lumpur, KL to Melaka (I like the old spelling better), Melaka to Gelang Patah (JB) and Gelang Patah to Singapore. FYI Kluang is in Johor and Gelang Patah in Johor Bahru. Hope that was comprehensive enough =)

I was in the Kahang part of Kluang for the first 4 days of Roadtrip Malaysia with 2nd Coy at the Kahang Organic Rice Eco Farm. The photos have not been uploaded to the Official 2nd Coy site thus I am patiently waiting. Shall tell you more about this thunderous experience when the photos arrive!

So, with that on the 4th Day's morning, I was driven out of KOREF on a 4x4 to the middle of the road whereby my parents were waiting. Apparently they overestimated themselves thinking they could reach ulu ulu Kahang early and within 2 hours but they ended getting lost. The very moment I stepped into our rented Ford, I kenna-ed 5 mosquito bites by the same mosquito. Talk about warm welcome.

So we ignored my bites and choped choped to Kuala Lumpur! Malaysia's shopping paradise and capital. I was there for my church's church camp and we held it at Grand Seasons Hotel which is apparently according to the Malaysia Book of Records the tallest Hotel in Malaysia.


That photo isn't taken by me if you're thinking how I managed to take it. It's from asiatravel.com =) In fact I barely had time to take many shots, the camp was kinda of a rushy thing- not that relaxed and all, so I didn't really have that lomo "just take" happy-go-lucky mood. But I guess you guys have seen it all- big hotels, KLCC, and all the other CBD lookalike skyscrapers. It's KL Baby!

I spent my entire free day shopping at KLCC and those other minor malls on Bukit Bintang. Managed to get some pretty satisfactory stuff. Ate at Genki Sushi and the food was pretty horrible. My advice is never to eat restaurant food in KL, always opt for the dirtier, less hygienic conditions. If you look at a place and first thing in your mind is "Eee" you must eat there. Cuz 8 out of 10 the food is gonna be great.

So while I was shopping my head of with friends, my parents were exploring their ways to this waterfall. I wasn't there but thought was worth posting. The shot isn't really a waterfall, more of a rapid. But all the waterfall shots had people inside so I thought I'll protect their privacies.

So after all the hustle-bustle city-life in busy-capital Kuala Lumpur we headed down to Melaka! Land of rich culture and heritage!

My trip there was filled with kids though. Cuz like all our convoy people were younger families so I was like hanging out with babies and toddlers. I guess below would be quite a description.


The cute little boy there is Titus. And believe me, he is seriously cute. He's teething though, so his hands are like saliva filled 24/7 and you kinda get minor stains sometimes after carrying him. And I think the second picture is a kodak moment. Those kids are always running around its quite impossible to get them to stay together, smile and stay still for that split second for a photo.

I managed to get *ahem* wallet-friendly DVDs there. I have already finished watching Charlie and the Chocolate factory. Never got to watch that. I think the book is better than the movie. The endings kinda not tied in. Dahl films never end up the same way as his books. Sad fact.

The food was really good. I guess the highlight would be this Nonya Restaurant.

The food's pretty spicy, so be prepared with like cups of water before you attempt anything. In case you don't know (I didn't), the Nonya culture originates from Melaka, so we were like eating Nonya at its best. I think one of my favorite dishes would be the heibi.


Haha, it's this really-tasty-with-rendang-sauce cracker made up of prawn and other stuffies. Too bad for the seafood allergic though =(

The place has pretty good deco though- most probably collected through the years of nonyahood. The chairs and stuff, the walls carved in nonya-like designs and pottery and stuff littered across the restaurant.


And here are other random snapshots of Melaka (I was feeling more cheery and lomo "just take" happy-go-lucky then)



Which brings me to the end of my roadtrip. Ending with a crossbreed between Hawker Centre and Daipaidong kinda dining atmosphere in Gelang Patah. I had Char Kway Teow and it was absolutely delicious. Low oil, high in tasty.


So yup, that was my Roadtrip Malaysia! Will be back with more when 2nd Coy decides to upload their pictures!

0 Responses to “Roadtrip Malaysia!”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.