Lebensraum

A social commentary.


Flirting

I made my first online non-credit buy today from clubsnap- a Canon 18-55mm kit lens from ClubSnap user reneson. The very epitome of this purchase definitely isn't the lens, since I have used this lens (a symbol of my mediocrity) many times but the actual fact of reading a person online, hearing his voice on the phone and finally, meeting him.

The excitement, before meeting him. The tension, building up. The impatience, as he arrives. The swirl of thoughts, as you look at him, wondering if he's the person, and eventually, the amusement, upon meeting him.

Well of course I don't care how he looks like (decent) and what kind of person he is (can't tell from less than 5 min of conversation), I just want my bloody lens! And it better be in good condition. Thank God it is! So thanks reneson! Although I kinda doubt you're reading this.

The purchase of a new lens led me on an impromptu shutter happy spree (not really la, a net of 38 shots) around the Admiraltirian suburbs of Singapore. I flirted with the surroundings, clutching the camera to my pelvis area, careful not to induce the attention of the camera shy onlookers. It was rather successful, I have posted today's shots in a new set on my Flickr account, entitled "Decade Home".

Check it out.

P/s OH! You haven't noticed? I am now a proud father of an adopted girl from Cathay Photo. Her name is Carly =)

PP/s 3 Cheers for the Mirren Victory!

Labels: ,

0 Responses to “Flirting”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.