Lebensraum

A social commentary.


Reminiscence

Somewhere hidden in the corner of my room is a dusty chest full of dusty treasure. It contains mountains of stuffs I have collected since 2004 which are all useless yet containing immense sentimental value. Occasionally, with no fixed interval, I would sit in front of that treasure chest and start taking things out to reminiscent. They include old school autograph books, notes of farewell, trinkets and tokens from Children's Day, old sketches, old sketchbooks, old designs and farewell gifts.

Above mentioned stuff are stuff from the 5 min walking distance school aka Admiralty Primary.

And on a more recent scale things include christmas cards, notes of encouragement, old emcee scripts, significant documents contributing to school events (i.e. SLI 2005 Program schedule), programme booklets (129th Speech Day, Musical World, CO Concert, SLI 06, SLI 07), student ambassador scripts, old timetables, Leadership Training Camp Files (and of course the course material inside), old files I used in school, homework lists, certificates of distinction from the University of New South Wales, ticket stubs from various movies and events, name tags for various events/competitions and interesting pieces of documents (i.e. the page that I designed in terms of layout and one piece of content for the Straits Times Newspaper Competition).

These things mean a lot to me. But as they start to pile up, those occasional sessions start to deplete because of my lack of time. In the past, I would sit down and look through every note and browse through 99% of its contents. Now its more of a browse through and next piece.

I'm starting to realize that Victoria is dominating my heart. And that's not a bad thing =)

Labels:

1 Responses to “Reminiscence”

  1. # Blogger -Linus-

    =)

    I love your writing style. And the poignance of memories long past are great indeed.

    Lucky for us, we have archivvves =)

    ^|_________________|^

    Big Fat Smile  

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.