Lebensraum

A social commentary.


Thoughts on Commuting

Time and tiime again while mindlessly commuting my life away (mostly because my eyes are far too tired to read) I gain insight to different situations in our daily lives. It's interesting to see how all of us live in this rat race country- to be rushing from one place to another always complaining of the lack of time yet sometimes trading time for comfort.

That referred to me by the way.

I take the train towards Marina Bay from City Hall and take it back because I want a seat. Sometimes I don't understand why certain people in our hoi polloi think that it is wrong for students not to give up their seats when there is a needy person. Especially students clad in uniforms. Shouldn't us students deserve as much status as everyone else? Are we suppose to be the first in line for seat transplant?

I mean sure, this doesn't mean that I don't enjoy giving my seat up to nice grannies and grandpas but what I abhor is the attitude that our clackers have towards us students that at the very moment a needy person walks into the train, I and only I have to give up my seat.

I left my key at home thus didn't have the time to run today. Sad.

Labels:

0 Responses to “Thoughts on Commuting”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.