Lebensraum

A social commentary.


Valentines

The light spilled through the windows harshly, emitting a garish glow on the sitting commuters. Their black Asian hair looked white, as they continued their commuting activities. Just a brief paragraph of celebration that I returned home before the sun set today!

Today is Valentine's Day. Originally, today was suppose to be a day of hype and celebration. Right from the break of dawn my eyes were on those clocks, wishing school would end. Tick tock tick tock. Time passed so slowly.

Well the plot is that a bunch of Sec 4s and some of us Sec 3s had decided to buy a bouquet of flowers for the delightful Ms Tang to encourage and spur her on in her wonderful teaching career. Incessant rants of her burnt out teaching experiences has prompted our wonderfully compassionate Victorian hearts to do something for our beloved teacher.

At first, we settled on 16 roses. Why? 'Cuz we wanted her to think we thought she was always sixteen. Haha, so cheesy! Then because 16 was like to friggin' expensive we settled on 12. Which is usually the number of roses people buy- like in a dozen.

I never imagined roses were so expensive. Now I understand why 九十九朵玫瑰 (English: 99 roses) are so exclusive. I mean you probably could buy an iPod with that amount of money. I really think hope that my soul-mate in the future would rather me buy her an iPod than 99 roses cuz like an iPod is more worth it. Haha.
Lame!

And so at 2.15 we were suppose to bring her to the beautiful sand-themed PSB room and give her the beautiful bouquet plus the beautiful card I made plus the cheapskate M&M Chocolates! (Roses always come with chocolates what, don't you know that?)

Guess what? The stupid delivery man, said he was gonna call when he arrived, stupidly delivered the flowers to the general office, who stupidly gave the roses to Ms Tang straight. ZOMG how stupid can some people get? I guess it's not really GO's fault la but the dammit florists I really feel like killing them now.

So in the end at 2.15 without ANY element of surprise we gave her our card and M&Ms. A great day ruined.

Labels:

1 Responses to “Valentines”

  1. # Blogger superfly

    Hey hey

    You guys did surprise me leh.
    Really. Even got my hubby a shock. I think right now he is still wondering. haha.

    But thanks a lot for the flowers. Thanks for loving me as your teacher and your mentor.

    I think this batch of student leaders have really made an impact on myself and my teaching life. Thanks for motivating me on!  

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.