Lebensraum

A social commentary.


Student Leaders' Investiture

SLI 07 has been an extremely therapeutic time for me. Being in the planning committee has been an extra sack on that mountain but I have pulled through all of it as a happier person. Oh man that sounds super cheesy but yea I think you get what I mean =)

I choose not to let the pictures speak their thousand words here although I painstaking edited them on photoshop being stupid and adding round corners and all. This time shall be unlike most other times where I hardly type anything meaningful on graphically enhanced entries at all.

This year's SLI was undoubtedly miles apart from last year's. It's definitely not the rush hour time slots home because I had rush hour time slots home last year too. It's definitely not the cheering, because I cheered last year too. I guess two things that made a stark difference for myself were the people and the planning. SLI had been a great bridge for me to understand a lot of people out there better than I ever had before.

Glen for one, *hi glen, doubts he's reading this* has been a great co-emcee, constantly setting the par on my performance. Being there on his first emcee session when we both screwed up proved to be extremely entertaining as well, muhaha.


And many seniors from grad batch 2007 have really thought me much and provided much mental support throughout the whole SLI. I guess the pivotal point about this is that I have got to know a lot of people much better. It was a process for me as a oddball in their midst to fit in. Definitely comfortable.

So although you guys are not BFS blogders I wave to you here
Nicolas, Chin Boon, Ren An, Jon Tan, Marcus just to name a few =)

And Ms Tang has also been a terrific mentor (I choose not to use teacher!) throughout this whole event. Somehow I guess we all feel that she is not the teacher in charge of this event and just some liaison between the school admin and students but one of us as well. She has broken through barriers in her appointment as SH Character Development. 3 Cheers for Ms Tang!

And then of course there was the usual emcee under John =) Who has once again risen to the occasion, making us acutely aware of our social responsibilities, letting us embrace the myriad of opportunities Victoria School has to offer, helping us recognize the esteemed recognition we were getting that night through being formally invested =)

Thanks John!


And last but undoubtedly not the least ;) there is Monitors' Council which has been such a terrific support through the years. It's takeover soon and as we scramble to assemble our new EXCO, I believe we'll achieve even greater heights (OMG so cheesy!)


And lastly there are the rest of people in my batch whom I really have to thank especially the flag bearers backstage giving me the great support before the horrifying emceeing =)

Labels: ,

3 Responses to “Student Leaders' Investiture”

  1. # Blogger -Linus-

    We are all camwhores and we should be proud of that! Even though I am extremely non-photogenic!

    Round corners are always a nice touch in my opinion.

    Twittish and KaWaii-NehX poses will always have a special place in my heart!  

  2. # Blogger superfly

    I miss SLI, and the people involved. I guess it has left a very deep impression in my career so far. Like you say, there will be many SLI to come.... how much more can I take? I guess it requires a very big and strong heart and mind to take all these.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    HEYYO!

    ahh all those photos brings back so many memories of yesteryears!

    great job in SLI btw and MC all the way! xD  

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.