Lebensraum

A social commentary.


Some notes on the usual.

After two and a half years of continuos transition between school and home, I have grown strangely accustomed to this what deemed as strenuous routine. Commuting has become strangely therapeutic for me- giving me time to be closely aware of my surroundings. I see things that wouldn't usually catch my eye- or perhaps wouldn't notice. It has allowed me to think through things better, giving me areas of growth for mental health.

The 36/MRT Combination has definitely been the best route I have taken so far throughout my vie victorian. For one, the jam usually isn't very bad unless you're traveling during the rush hour. 76 had left me with some very bad (and even traumatic) experiences, leading me to express all sorts of vulgarities towards the motorists and (sadly) the bus driver. Mentally of course, I wouldn't do it verbally, although I know it's just as bad.

I went home during the rush hour today- skipping the usual take-all-the-way-to-Marina-Bay kiansu thing and just going straight towards Jurong East. It wasn't a time saver option, I just felt that I would probably be just wasting my time sleeping away all the way home. And there's just something so uncomfortable when sitting- and that's when every other executive-like, standing commuter starts looking down at you as if to say "I deserve that seat."

So I squeezed in with the rest of our working population and stood all the way to Admiralty. I have discovered -or rather- realized my favorite part of the train. And that's just the area by the train doors. Where you have a piece of glass to lean onto behind you and there're those wonderful windows to look out into.

Anglican High stepped straight into Victoria's ambit today and snatched our coveted title right out from our hands. As of today, we are no longer the champions for 'C' Boys East Zone Badminton. The atmosphere after the disappointing results was strangely not one of sadness (or at least that was what it seemed to me) but just this eagerness to break out into our school anthem and spelling cheer.

Victorianism.

Labels: ,

1 Responses to “Some notes on the usual.”

  1. # Blogger 小猫王

    well a least I made sure I flashed at them... LOL.

    How's shooting with carly?  

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.