Lebensraum

A social commentary.


faux pas

I made a fashion faux pas today by wearing my converse sneakers and high VS socks together. It looked pretty weird but I was choiceless because I had already told myself that I would not fold my VS socks in the make-it-an-ankle-sock way in an attempt to hold the reputation of a better (assistant) monitor which till now is zilch. My other trainer was seriously (and pathetically) drenched in Ubin mud and is still drying from its overdose of detergent.

God kindly did not let anyone notice it- either that or I didn't seem to realize the fact that people have been staring at my faux pas feet, my friends are too cool to care, my friends are kindly shutting up to not humiliate me or they simply never really noticed at all.

But a faux pas is still a faux pas whether noticed or not. So here's here. I committed a fashion faux pas today =)

I seem to be always stating the past in every entry I am writing. Perhaps it's because I am behind my blogging time, or maybe I just can't let go of the yesterday and my hands are totally gripped and clenched. So here's a little jigsaw of my yesterday (as in literally yesterday).

Sitting in the midst of over 60ers is no joke. For one, every single one of them either speaks Hokkien, Cantonese or some other Chinese dialect. I don't even speak Hokkien (although I can understand like 30% of it) and my vocal capabilities of Cantonese is like 3/10. My grandfather whom we all affectionately call ye ye was a seat away from me. I really should consider buying the zhen qing (pronounced zan qang in Cantonese) DVD and watching it everyday so my Cantonese can improve. Then I can go to Hong Kong and jabber away.

So yarh, I was sitting amidst the golden years people. It is all part of this event called Care and Share organized by Hope Community Services to bring the elderly together and have a great time listening to Karaoke and letting them not feel left out in our ever metamorphosing society. So yeps, pops tagged along and here he was sitting beside me. Seeing so many old people really makes you feel touched and probably guilty. That these people have been left out from your thoughts blah blah and abandoned in their own little homes. Isolated and captured, they only go out to get their basic necessities daily.

Hey, we're not talking about winners of the Senior Citizens' Award okay.

So after dealing with the nice, friendly ones, the angry, difficult ones, and finally my grandfather, I heaved a sigh of relieved and proceeded to send gramps home.

Meaningful day= yesterday.

0 Responses to “faux pas”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.