Lebensraum

A social commentary.


Plunged back to civilization

Right. I'm here sitting in front of my Acer Aspire (Windows) Computer never thinking that I would like it any better. After being torn out of civilization for 2 days, I have been dumped back into the heart of technology again, resuming the title of "netizen" rather than "rugged bb boy". It was not that bad actually, in fact I quite enjoyed it. The atmosphere, the feeling and the spirit. Except that I'm missing some stuff, perhaps this is a warning for me to treasure my moments around me. So here's to my old squad mates if you're reading: Bryan, Jeremy, Harry, Johnathan, How Kang, Charles and Christopher, it was nice riding through Singapore with you, knocking it down with you and doing all that with you =)

Sitting at that familiar basketball court, looking into the sky. It's a beautiful shade of blue and orange, with silhouette trees and houses sitting at the bottom. All is quiet except for the cricket choir and the chatters of excited boys. The power tower like things you see on Malaysian highways are planted here, and its red light gives a mysterious eeries like grow. Except you probably like it because it's your only contact to civilization. I then pick up a leave in front of me, and silently await my night hike. In the heart of islet Pulau Ubin.

That was something I recited in my heart that very night which I decided was going to be included in my first blog entry right after I the camp. It was quite a poetic moment and definitely photo worthy- except due to the fact that BB focuses more on the physical development of their boys- the spiritedness, togetherness and all the other uniform groupies stuff than the aesthetic values that everyone has tucked in their hearts. Thus, you won't be seeing people painting that memorable moment or trying to snap it down. So here am I reciting this moment for all.

So the night hike was quite exciting. Okay, let me do some justice- it was very exciting. I mean how the hell do you not find hiking in Pulau Ubin like 12am not exciting. The spirit, the darkness, the occasional wildboar incidents, the leaves sometimes brushing in your head without you knowing it because it's so dark, the pontianak (oops not that), the chatting with your seniors, the ghost stories, the star hung sky, the rainforest vegetation, the mangrove, the ghost stories, the innocent sec ones. It's Pulau Ubin baby! Flashback of Singapore!

Things grew little more exciting when the guided tour came- that was after the devotion. Fortunately/Unfortunately we had Officer s>Wyeth Calvin bringing us on the guided tour. Apparently we took a shortcut in an attempt to frighten another squad. Bryan told me we all the same road but now I kinda doubt it cause we saw another squad when we came out of that less developed roads. That road was really freaky really- I clung on to the person-in-front-of-me's bag. Frightened. The road in front of us was weirdly misty and Officer Wyeth Calvin was spurting nonsense.

It was quite fun and I would say the highlight of the camp. I slept at 3 am=)

Oh yarh, I got the idea of the new blog and everything already. Might be moving anytime...

0 Responses to “Plunged back to civilization”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.