Lebensraum

A social commentary.


Sian has crossed the border to Wordpress. What I define as a more pro blogger kinda status. This is my weird mentality larh, but I'm quite sure many more people out here agree with me, I mean maybe a quarter of Blogger bloggers are more concerned about their HTMLs and their blogskins than what they actually write. All the evidence is exposed at BlogSkins.com where every designer emphasizes more on the design than the content. I mean isn't the content the main issue in a blog? Isn't the blog the content?

My walk with blogging is hopelessly dwindling I start to think that I might give up blogging some time some day. Which is quite a frustrating thought actually. Because blogging is very much a un-give-up-able drug. You can go to rehabilitation centres for cocaine, or ecstasy blah blah but blogging pretty much stays with you for the rest of your netizen life. I mean a perfect example would be jeremi.ho who has so called given up on blogging only to return with a new blog months later. Blogging is a dig deeper hole. That is, if you are a blogger that focuses more on your content then your HTML code.

Back on my walk with blogging. Somehow my life seems to be getting lesser and lesser interesting and worthy blogging about. Sure, I mean it's the writer that makes the piece of writing interesting and not really the events that happened to the writer right? But still theres this weird gap that I'm getting. Perhaps I becoming more of a literature appreciator like Adrian in the Weapons of Mass Destruction rather than the creater in Cappuccino years and all the other books in the series. Would that be something good? Or bad? I won't want to be stuck in a second hand bookstore and I bet there won't be any nice gentlemen around like Carlton-Hayes to be my boss.

Perhaps I should cut a fresh start in blogging. Start a new blog and give no one the URL. Be a anonymous blogger that would be found out only by people that never knew me. Perhaps I would be embraced? Or maybe no one would ever arrive at my unknown blog. Or perhaps I should just give up Big Fat Smiles with all its sub-standard entries and just start a new blog? Or perhaps stop blogging altogether- although that would be virtually impossible for a writing freak like me. Although I skip days not blogging and blah blah, my hands will always find itself to somewhere to write and type. Oh well.

Spent part of my morning reading The Memoirs of Lee Kuan Yew. Very deep book, spent quite a lot of time reading through the pages. It's not like other books where you can speed read or what, it's really quite tough to understand all the political stuff and all that. I bet Mr Lee has already tried to skim as much as he could when he was writing this book since it was meant for the general public. Apparently, LKY and friends have also called S. Rajaratnam Raja (affectionately) as Mdm Taz did when we were in discussion for the articles of the first issue of the Victoriana. Haha, guess everyone is calling him that secretly.

Oh yarh, I'm fed up with Blogger's spell checker. I mean how can the blogger spell checker be a blogger spell checker when it doesn't even recognize the word blog?

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.