Lebensraum

A social commentary.


Saving Private Ryan

Just finished that movie with that wallet friendly DVD and realised that... maybe I am not suited to watch this movie. The gore and stuff was simply too bad and was really... gross. This is the second time I am watching an NC-16 movie without knowing it. The first was also a gory show... Troy. It turned out to be a pretty good show though- both of them. Troy received an IMDB rating of 7 while Saving Private Ryan at 8.0

But I think its not until we watch these overly gorey, and emotional films (plus the f***s and assholes and goddamits and all the other, I would call- self expression), we don't really value life more than we have ever did.

Of course experiencing what the characters are experiencing would definitely prove to be a better encounter with life's purposes- not that I am saying that I want to encounter these brutal moments, after all, anyone would choose peace over war (deep deep down in their hearts), and maybe 5 out of 1 individuals would immediatly forget what they saw or not take it to heart within the next 5 hours of watching whatsover but I do believe movies like these do make an impact on people's lives. Even if their a really puny impact.

So yep, looking out for my next impacting movie. Found out it first from Terence's blog.



Watch the trailer here.

Looking out for it =)

Oh, and I'm surfing on wireless connection now! My house is now blanketed by Wi-Fi or as Apple calls it- Airport.

I can even surf the net in the bath room!

0 Responses to “Saving Private Ryan”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.