Lebensraum

A social commentary.


Two cents worth

I watched Singapore Idol today- the first since two years the first season's finale whereby Sylvester Sim and Taufik Batisah were singing against each other. And all the time when I was watching the episode today, I felt my heart crumple up, and felt like crying (although I didn't actually). Not because the songs were so touching, not because they sang so well. But because I was missing my American Idol!

I mean compared to AI, Singapore Idol really can be a flop. It's just an entire carbon copy of the American version. I mean, even the judges, Flo is like Paula, Ken Lim like Simon, Dic and Jacinta just some weird Singaporean stick outs.

Nevertheless, I see some really raw talent in tonight's show. I think Jay's pretty good in terms of voice- and, erm, Roslan too.

And then I think of last season, was the show that bad? Then I remembered my Olindo Cho (Steady Pom Pee Pee) and all the others. And I remembered that I actually enjoyed myself very much watching Singapore Idol. Maybe it was the friends- 2004 came as a time where all of us- innocent Primary 6 students came together and discussed who we liked etc. etc.

But I'm gonna watch tomorrow's results show nevertheless, and then decide whether I will continue watching this series. Wanna see how Singaporeans vote, whether based on popularity or singing talent. I mean Primero is seriously screwed, he has some attitude and I really hope those silly girls that voted for Sly will get real.

Oh well, now? I'm wishing American Idol 6 will hurry up.

0 Responses to “Two cents worth”

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.