Lebensraum

A social commentary.


I Turn One As A Blogger

It's hard to imagine that I have dedicated 1 year of my life to blogging. Although not all my entries to all my neumerous numbers of blogs still exist- more of them are still around. Some rewritten because I did not blog properly as a blog in the past- I now state my reflections and feelings of how I felt towards blogging and whether I should carry on (duh!)

Blogging is an expression- not the only way to though. You can express yourself through Art, Singing, playing soccer, anything. Expression is boundless, like the sea- never ending. And Blogging , although not totally, has allowed me to share my joy, anger, sorrow and pain with my readers (or computers if no one reads). Let me take some quotable quotes from my entire blogging history of sharing my feelings.

Childrens' Day 2004
The first part of the day was absolutely horrible, my principal could be a good professor Umbridge from Harry Potter. She was mad!

Taken from MARmalade (now My-Recollections), 30th September 2004.


That was example of my expression of anger (clearly), to read more, please click here. It's the first one on the page =)

Eve of the eve of Teachers' Day 2005- Rushing for Concert
And that wonderful string of words came out of her mouth, into the telephone line, to the satellite and into my phone (the sequence may be wrong, don't bother to correct me) and the angels in heaven started to sing "Hallelujah!"

"Take taxi home, Mommy will pay for it."

The cows jumped over the moon, chikins began to quack, ducks began to cluck. Dogs begain to mew, cats began to bark. Tigers began to squeak and I just got much Luck. It suppose to ryhme but I am a BLOGGER not a POET. So whatever, the point is I was happy!

Taken from Big Fat Smiles just yesterday.


Again, clearly, this is an expression of my happiness. F.Y.I this was taken from yesterday's post- not that I am rarely happy that only until yesterday I felt happy in 1 year but I just feel that I like reading this and decided that this one the one. Lmao. To read the complete entry, JUST SCROLL DOWN, haha... Joking, click here.

My Grandma
Remember the grandma and grandson? Sigh. I miss my grandma. And it has been 8 years since her death. Wonder what my life would be like if she were still around. Apparently there are lucky people like Literature teacher Mr Siow that still had his grandma till JC.

Taken from Big Fat Smiles, 28th April 2005



I don't really express sadness in my blogs- and since half of my blogging life was spent in Big Fat Smiles- and BFS suppose to be a happy blog- the more sadness was not typed about. A taboo to me perhaps? Lol. But I still miss my grandma till now. It was a very unexpected death. Fell and hit her head. Life is really vulnerable. But thank God she's in a much better place now, I bet she did sing "Hallelujah" went my mom called me. Haha. To read the complete entry, click here.

And finally anger. *tries to make face an angry face*, to tell you the truth, I can't look angry unless I really am angry. Like when Mr Ong tried to make me look angry (the Sin City look) for Victoriana, I couldn't help but laugh! Hahahaha...

Sick
Just walked past the clinic I got treated at. And there was nobody! Why am I always the person that's in the crowd. Why am I sick when everybody is sick? Why can't I be sick when nobody's sick? Why? Why am I not different? Why am I in the majority? Why am I with everyone else? Why can't I don't wait for 30 min just to get my medicine? Why? Why? Why?

Taken from Big Fat Smiles, 1st July 2005


That paragraph was later defined by myself as "Crap" in the next paragraph. Haha. And weirdly I seem to be spelling paragraph as paragraphy! I corrected both of course. To view the full entry, please click here. I am sure I have more angry entries than this but I shall not anger myself since this is my birthday of being a blogger. Haha.

And so, you have seen 4 examples of me expressing feelings. But what about my lousy first post? Lol, as I read through it, I really asked myself whether I should post it and invite myself to mockery. But since I am 1 =)) I shall do it.

My First Entry in my blogging vie
Welcome to Silence. Silence is silence, that tells you that you have to be silent here. But even if you are racking up a racket when you are reading this, please don't feel guilty of not being silent. haha. This is my blog, thanks for your patronization.

I don't know how the heck I came up with such a lame name but my first blog's name was actually "Be Silent". Can you wtf believe it? It's lame! And so I typed http://besilent.blogspot.com in my mozzie browser and came to someone else's blog (I hosted my first blog with Blogdrive). And so, there is also some as lame as me, muahahaha...

I have created many blogs in this 1 year. Too many to be exact. I deleted some of them- which I regret now. One major blog I deleted was Metamorphorsis. If you noticed I spelt it wrongly, I did it on purpose, not then but now. I didn't know how to spell the word then and spelt it with an extra "r". I opened it on Christmas Eve 2004 and deleted it in late February- 2 months of entries gone. I really regret it because it was that blog which harboured all my thoughts of being timid and sad when I entered Victoria School. Sigh, I forgot all those already, there's nothing left to remind me. So always remember, do NOT delete sentimental stuff even if you spelt it with an extra "r".

So yep, I'm a 1-year-old blogger now. and there are many people I would like to thank. Firstly Marilyn- for introducing me to this wonderful world of blogging. Putting "confusionx.blogdrive.com" as your MSN Messenger message. Then introducing me to HTML later on. I would like to thank Caleb, Fatin (and of course Marilyn- again) for being my first taggers on Be Silent +). Persis, for continuosly tagging on Metamorphorsis although it was a dead blog then. Kifo, though only this year, but continuosly giving me advice on writing and giving me chances to write in Victoriana (although nothing related to this post). Terence (L.), Timothy, Oswin, Sian (Blogger of Quarternote a.k.a Lapsus Calami), blogders from other countries and ALL BLOGDERS for constantly tagging (if you did) and reading my blog.

And lastly everyone who has supported my blogging journey- thank you for make it an enjoyable one =)

Jotlims
Jesus Rocks

P.S. This is my longest entry in my Blogging Vie, beating the 22nd August post of 1099 words. This entry is 1162 words =))

Updated!

2 Responses to “I Turn One As A Blogger”

  1. # Blogger 小猫王

    Congrats for ur accomplishments as a Blogger. I've been blogging 4 abt 5-6 months only, so nothing to shout about. But i do have 5 other blogs, but they are all crap abt my pri. school classmates...(actually if u count those blogs, I've been blogging abt 9-10 months already)  

  2. # Blogger wengkeong

    actually i counted my old blogs as well -.-" haha  

Post a Comment



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger.